Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source new business for the department.
- Independently negotiate and structure /a transaction
- Independently lead new bilateral/club/syndicated loan transactions (including project financing, aircraft financing, vessel financing, etc.) starting from origination to financial closure including preparation & review of Term Sheet, Financial Modelling, Financials, etc
- Regular discussion with CEOs/CFOs of Government Related Entities (GRE) and/or blue chips companies. Also, have a discussion on legal aspects with external legal counsel/independent third-party consultants/advisors.
- Liaise with internal (i.e., credit, legal, operations, etc.) to ensure smooth financial closure, including handling credit-related queries
- Apart from his regular duties, he should be able to cross-sell other related products to his customers.
- To assist the team in Rating exercises (from rating agencies such as FITCH, etc.) and also undertake bank-wide projects such as Capital raising, etc
- Should be able to manage and monitor the existing loan portfolio, independently. Monitor credit quality of portfolio for risk recognition & assigning proper risk rating for each relationship.
- Knowledge of LMA documentation is necessary and one should be able to review the same independently.
- Contribute to the overall CF&FI strategy and business plans and further initiate, coordinate, and implement the business plan and monitor progress towards its achievement.
- Stay informed of the latest news regarding syndicated loan markets as well as countries.
- Identify and disseminate information and alert management to trends and risks and to opportunities to maximize earnings.
- Identify opportunities for revenue generation
- Maintain the business portfolio risk profile within agreed parameters at all times, including effective phasing out of the Exit Accounts and monitoring/reporting of irregularities and customer KYC, AML, etc
- Credit Risk Assessment by means of financial and other analyses
Independence of Operation
Works under guidelines instructed by the direct manager and selects the best course of action from a number of alternatives in a variety of office work. Execute tasks according to identified priorities by his/her direct manager
Accountability / Decision Making
Working within policies, procedures, and written working articles and committing to them. Forwards transaction details and accompanying feedback to the line manager