Reports to – Head of Retail
- The E-Channels unit is responsible for developing and managing all direct/digital channels and related frontend platforms across all retail banking distribution channels, ensuring convenient access, high availability and consistency of information amongst them. These channels include Online, Mobile, SMS, ATMS/CDMS, Call center inbound, IVR and e-statements, on top of CRM which is widely used by branches and DSF as well as by a number of internal bank users.
- E-Channels unit also supports CRM related implementations, managing and developing the platform, alongside execution of multichannel campaigns.
- In addition, e-Channels is also responsible for generating fee income through electronic payments and sales generated through direct channels actively contributing to the overall retail banking business.
- E-Channels plays a strategic and instrumental role as part of Retail Banking Leadership Team, positively impacting operational efficiency and transactional costs by changing customer behavior towards electronic channels, creating cross sell opportunities and converting them into sales and revenues, while maintaining all channels fully operational and available for customers.
- Inherently, e-Channels is expected to drive and deliver innovation bridging channels, products, segments, exploring advances in technology, contributing strengthen Bank’s value proposition and leadership in the market
- Drive and implement the bank’s multichannel strategy in line with the master retail banking strategy, taking direct channels individually to the industry’s highest standards and collectively all channels to the international multichannel best practices, delivering relevant business contribution to retail banking both in terms of services and sales.
- Lead retail banking development of all electronic banking delivery channels and related platforms and support face-to-face channels platforms, ensuring optimal channel integration and effective user experience.
- Actively manage e-Channels IT portfolio roadmap to improve delivery across all business lines, products and segments, while ensuring Ops and Risk alignment in obedience to existing procedures and regulations.
- Manage unit costs and revenues in line defined budgets.
- Collaborate with Retail Banking unit heads and all business partners to further develop the retail banking business activity, identifying and defining the scope of new business opportunities.
- Identify new enhancements and manage the development of appropriate offering and services to be available through the multichannel setup evaluating latest technological advances.
- Proposing efficiency gains initiatives driving customer migration from higher cost to lower cost channels in close coordination with Retail Distribution and Operations.
- Recommended investment and business cases for senior management approvals in order to support or accelerate projects or innovation initiatives that can add value to retail banking business.
- Manage special projects from conceptualization up to implementation, and have capacity to work with influence diverse functional lines of business and technology groups. Ensure projects are deployed on time and on budget based on expectations set with internal customers. Keep projects under continuous review to identify gaps and risks and develop appropriate contingency plans.
- To maintain an engaged workforce. To recruit skilled staff to support the development of E-Channels unit.
- To manage and expand partnerships with technology or business 3rd parties, negotiating effectively commercial terms for new tie ups to ensure maximum feasibility.
- Identifying new channels to enrich the bank’s multichannel setup keeping pace with the market and customer behavior changes.